Equity Research Trainee
Course Duration - 6 weeks
Does the bulls and bears excite you? Do you wish to become the master of the stock market? If yes, then this is the right course for you. It is specifically designed for beginners so that they can find all the relevant information at one place. Learn concepts with practical training and get to apply them in the real life market with live projects.
Course Curriculum - How to Invest in Stock Markets
1. Introduction to Investing - Compounding is the 8th wonder of the world, learn how. Also, why keeping your funds at a bank a loss.
2. Types of Securities
2.2 Debt Instruments
2.3 Commodities (Gold)
2.4 Real Estate
3. How to get started with investing in equity market, which demat account to choose and getting started.
4. Initial public offering, how a company floats its shares, when it floats the shares and the whole procedure from the beginning of a startup till issuing of equity shares will be explained.
5. Primary and Secondary Markets - their meaning and when and how they are used.
6. Indices (Nifty), their meaning and what do they represent.
7. Difference between trading, investing and gambling. Learn the difference between luck based and skill based profit.
8. Types of companies on the basis of market capitalisation -
8.1 Small Cap
8.2 Mid Cap
8.3 Large Cap
9. Financial Statement Analysis - the major constituent of fundamental analysis, the most important lesson to pick quality stocks for longer terms to make wealth.
10. Types of investing -
10.1 Growth Investing - Investing in growing companies and identifying these companies.
10.2 Income investing - Investing in companies with good position, but not having large scope for expansion thus acting as cash cows and identifying these companies.
10.3 Dividend Investing - Investing in companies that pay high dividends and finding these companies.
11. Price to earning ratios of companies how to use PE to differentiate between companies and select healthy companies.
12.Ratio Analysis - Not just numbers but the indicators of a company's health. Learn them all to get the complete overview of a company's financial health.
13. Differentiating between industries. Understanding the best industries which can make the bulk of earning.
14. Types of orders in the market - stop loss, limit buy and every other order necessary to ace the buying and selling timings.
15. Introduction to Technical Analysis- Meaning of technical analysis, how it is used o predict the price moment of a share and how it can be used to predict reversal zones where it becomes the best point to buy a share .
16. Types of charts
16.1 Line chart
16.2 Bar Chart
16.3 Japanese candle sticks
17.Moving Averages - How moving averages are used to trade in the market, how money is made using moving averages, how to set the time frame for moving averages.
18. MACD - moving average convergence and divergence- on of the most widely used technical analysis indicator how it is used to trade in the market and how it can be used to make money in the stock market.
19. Bollinger Bands - a type of statistical chart characterizing the prices and volatility over time of a financial instrument or commodity, how we use it in the live markets.
20. Relative Strength Index - technical indicator used in the analysis of financial markets. It is intended to chart the current and historical strength or weakness of a stock or market based on the closing prices of a recent trading period, how it is used in the live marktes
Case Studies - The Pit Falls
21. Kingfisher Rise and Fall - full service airline and hence more expensive to fly, but that wasn't the reason of its downfall. All the things that happened in this case and the pit falls which could have been seen in this case.
22. Harshad Mehta Scam - well known for his wealth and for having been charged with numerous financial crimes that took place in the 1992 securities scam.